Sunday, October 16, 2011

I'm back!! Long post sorry....

Umm okay wow!! Really time has flown by and already we are into Fall my favorite time of the year especially here in my favorite place of Boston!
So when my sister started a blog she mentions that she would keep it updated every Thur. or Friday. Naturally I made sure to keep on her toes if this was not the case. Well when I had started the Body for Life plan I knew that this blog would be neglected...shouldn't have done that because now the habit is gone and playing catch up is never any fun, but here I go.
So the diet....yeah it pretty much left after Cape Cod. Cannot even remember now if I had mentioned the Cape, but most likely no I am thinking. My employers had made a family vacation to go to Cape Cod. Normally I am not a sun bather for those of you who know me. Also the feel of sand makes me cringe. Luckily for Cape Cod I had been there before and remember the powdery perfect sand. Ryan was not such a fan of the ocean for the first time, but after going the second day he gave it a shot. Looking into the vast ocean was pretty intimidating I am sure. The weather was actually very decent and Katherine came back with me the second time I went down. Apparently while we were at the beach there was an earthquake in DC that could be felt in Boston, but luckily nothing for us. Man what a year for natural disasters! After Cape Cod there was actually a hurricane that came through the east coast that by the time it hit us has turned into a tropical storm. Unluckily we still went without power for 6 days...not advised with a baby! Pretty much the min. I landed in NC the powere came back on haha.
Next I had the opportunity to go to NC for Labor day and visit my mission companion Sis. Larson (Kim Triplett) and her hubby Matt. Pure entertainment and laughter is how I would describe that little trip. I have never been to NC and hearing the southern accent was just indescribable especially from Matt and I had only really ever hear him speak Portuguese and broken english before this haha. They are expecting their first child so we were just taking a nice and easy time. So we went to the Flea market there and for some reason I didn't bring my camera!! There are not enough words to say the joy that brought me. I love people watching and this was a perfect array of people to watch. Actually there were also some great deals and I left with some brand new cute litte shoes, X-men movies and all but the last of the Harry Potter series. They also introduced me to Cook Out fast food that honestly made the best milkshake I have ever had! Probably a good thing they do not have them here in Boston! It was also during this trip that I was convinced into finally getting Netflix and indeed I do love it. Also Kim made some Pão de Quiejo or cheese bread that was a divine Brasil treat. Also I found out that we share a love of crocheting. Finally I went with them to get some new baby blanket patterns so I could make Melanie's little boy a blessing blanket. We had great success and Kim found some great monster toy patterns to crochet. All in all it was super relaxing especially to have power again and to feel a good spirit and in good company. Really saying nightly prayers together especially in Portuguese made me miss my mission and then living with a priesthood holder.
Being in their little branch as well made me miss being in a family ward and I decided to move wards. Actually the family ward I attended here in 2002 just started a young adult group for the stake and could really used some help as most of them are recently graduated from high school. Also the fact that the church is 10 min from my house makes me very happy again avoiding the city parking.
Just as I was in the process of moving wards we had our tri-ward campout at camp Zion. It was very deceiving to have beautiful looking weather, but beyond cold especially so soon in the season I felt. For the first night I felt as if hypothermia would get the best of me. Sadly 3 of us were all suffering the entire night thinking we were the only ones. The following night I made sure to wear all possible clothes and coat and survived. It was a great weekend and I lucked out in meeting much needed and great new friends. Unfortunately for many the BYU loss to the Utes was tragic, but it really made me smile ;) Each ward also put on some priceless dance moves shown here on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7djRwJn-Dt0&feature=related ( my ward doing some bollywood),
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sIgJG68TB8&feature=related (CRW ward doing hip hop)

and my other favorite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQc973ck3Y4&feature=related (CRW Folk song). All and all a successful campout and great memories.
It is now officially Fall and I am loving every second! I really can't think of anything I dislike about Fall and being here in Boston just makes it all the sweeter once again. I love the clothes, crisp weather, great warm food (especially everything pumpkin flavored). I was able to also do my first wedding hair since being here in Boston that really is making me realize how much I miss doing hair. Starting to think more and more that I will just dive back into that when Jan. comes around here in a couple months.
Last weekend I lucked out on having another mini vacation in Baltimore and DC for 4 days. I stayed with my cousin Mandy and family, my sister friend and my friend Jessica Carlise and hubby Robbie and spent time with my other cous Brian. Pretty sure months of planning couldn't have produced a better time for such a short time there! Getting to be with Mandy's family was priceless and her kids are so well behaves. Although I am sure my sweet ITouch may have improved their behavior slightly ;) I was able to go to an Amish market, baby consignment sale and be completely entertained by their flirty older neighbor. I really love talking with old people they make me smile. They also live right on the water so the view was beautiful! (Again I will get a slidshow up of all this asap) I then made it to the DC temple that was also breathtaking and did some work inside and also visited the visitors center. Brian took me to Cafe Rio that of coarse was greatly welcomed and a little piece of home. Visiting the city was a little different than I expected and made me realize how used to Boston I am. It seemed so much slower there and laid back, newer and spacious. I would go to DC a 100x over NYC for sure although I feel fortunate to be so close and have visited there. Pretty much the best idea was doing a segway tour, worth every penny!! It went for 2 hours and we had a great guide who was very informative, interesting and entertaining for sure. Becoming pros on our segways was pretty great as well and I desire to purchase one sometime in the near future haha. My last stop was the Holocaust museum that really was pensive. For me one of the hardest things to swallow were the videos on the experiments that were made on the Jews while they were still alive, pure torture. Not sure I will every understand such hatred and sickness, but how inspiring to see the perseverance through such times as well. Very inspiring.
Okay so I know I missed many details believe it or not, but now you are caught up and I can move on and keep you all updated in my o-so-exciting life. If you have not stopped following me I thank you and if you are new I hope this all makes sense as it is quite late, but what's new. Até mais amigos!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! OOOOOOooooo now I can follow you! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy do you blog?? As you can see I have not been too good at mine. Kim?!?! I have a ways to go for the cool crowd!

    ReplyDelete