Monday, June 6, 2011

A Twista!!

Although Yes I am almost a week behind I would be ungrateful if I had not mentioned this historic tragedy so close to me. Last Wednesday June 1, 2011 here in MA there was a twista! From what I have heard, unsure of the truth, it has been over 100 years since tornados have been here. I was in a word quite surprised when I turned on the television to find out a tornado was threatening Springfield. This is about an hour from me so although alarming I still felt safe....that is until we went into tornado warning affect! If it would have been just me I think it may have been less threatening, but being in charge of a baby, especially one that is not my own added to the worry. Promptly I got a bottle ready and his diaper bag a necessities I thought could keep him good for some time should anything happen. Luckily we were okay and actually he fell asleep in my closet amongst the excitement! I recently had just moved into the basement which was perfectly convenient. Unfortunately there is still a large window in my room, which with a twista is not that convenient. Well we did experience wind and very loud thunder with lightening. Although we made it okay it is unfortunate the damage that comes from such a quick and unpredictable storm. Everyone seems to be jumping in to help those that were affected. How grateful I am for service and those that care to help our fellow men. Our lives can change in an instant so I hope to continue to make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment