Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lark Rise to Candleford


For my birthday this year my mother sent me season 1 of Lark Rise to Candleford. Having a hard time even remembering the name of it I had no idea what it was about. All I knew was that my mom said the accent took some time to get used to and that it was clean and a beautful scenery, therefore my dad loved it as well!

Not to my suprise my mom was right once again. I can usually agree with her good taste in shows, she is after all where my love for great music and classic shows came from. This show is in her words "sweet." It has some familiar faces and probably more than I now realize. Just today I realized Dorcas is played by the same actress who played Lydia in BBC's version of Pride and Prejudice. Apparently there are 4 seasons and as I am only in season 2 and sad to think it will end. Hope that you enjoy this as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. Ma wants me to get addicted to this show too. I haven't decided if I want to give it a try though. I don't really like Pride and Prejudice that much so I'm still debating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funnier than Pride and Prejudice and adds intrigue every episode. Just watch the first one and get an idea...it's worth a shot ;)

    ReplyDelete