Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rosie's Place

"We are daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us and we love him" Since I was 12 years old this theme has become a part of my life. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints also known as a "mormon" and in short I am LDS. There is a young women's program in the church that starts at age 12 to help young women learn these values listed above and prepare for life ahead of us.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to serve at a local domestic abuse facility. During my time there I kept thinking about this theme. How grateful I am to know of the love our Heavenly Father has for us. This of coarse doesn't mean that I have perfect relationships, understand all or don't have my doubts and worries. Although knowing that my Heavenly Father loves me and to know why I am here on earth certainly makes it bearable and most importantly enjoyable here on earth. Service opportunities are always great to forget myself and remember about my other brother and sisters that truly need my help and love. Grateful for the sacrifices of my parents, grandparents and so on that brought this gospel into my life for I know it's Christ's truth here on earth.

One of my favorite talks to young women though I believe can be applied to all. This is by one of our loving apostles Elder Jeffrey R. Holland http://lds.org/ensign/2005/11/to-young-women?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment